One serving contains 0.8g of your daily requirement of 1.5-2.4g of plant stanols
- 50g Benecol® Buttery Spread
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 600ml vegetable or fish stock
- 300g potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 300g skinless smoked haddock or cod, cut in chunks
- 1 bay leaf
- 300ml soya milk
- 75g spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
Melt the Benecol® Buttery Spread in a large pan and sauté the spring onions for a minute or so until wilted. Add the stock and potatoes and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are just soft. Mash roughly so that you still have some potato pieces but the soup thickens somewhat.
Add the fish and bay leaf, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes until it is flaky.
Stir in the soya milk and spinach and heat gently until hot. Remove the bay leaf, stir in the parsley and serve.
Suitable for freezing. (please refer to manufacturers handbook)