|25g (1oz) Benecol® Buttery Taste Spread|
|60g (2oz) short grain rice (pudding or Arborio)|
|600ml (1pt) skimmed milk|
|2 tbsp granulated sugar|
|1 tsp finely grated orange zest|
|2 x 125g pots Fat Free yogurts from the Garden Fruits Variety pack|
|1 mango, peeled and sliced|
|25g (1oz) pistachio nuts, roughly chopped (optional)|
Creamy mango rice
An exotic, healthy choice.
One serving contains 0.8g of your daily requirement of 1.5-3g of plant stanols.
- Melt the Benecol® Buttery Taste Spread in a sauce pan, add the rice and stir to coat. Add the milk and sugar. Stir to dissolve and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove the lid and continue cooking for another 15-20 minutes or until the rice is tender. It should still be quite runny. Remove from the heat and leave to cool and thicken.
- Once the rice is cold, stir in the Fat Free yogurts.
- Serve the rice pudding with mango slices and pistachio nuts (if using) on top.
- The rice pudding will keep, covered in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Any flavours from the multi packs of yogurts will work in this rice pudding, but mango and pineapple work particularly well together. You could add a variety of tropical fruit too.