|60g (2oz) Benecol® Olive spread|
|1 bulb fennel, trimmed and chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced|
|300g (10½oz) Arborio rice|
|150ml (5floz) white wine|
|1.5l (2¾pts) hot vegetable stock|
|125g (4½oz) asparagus spears|
|4 tbsp parmesan cheese finely grated, to serve (optional)|
Orange and fennel risotto
Follow this recipe to learn how orange and fennel intrigue your tastes buds.
One serving contains 1g of plant stanols which is half of your daily requirement.
- Melt the Benecol® Olive spread in a large frying pan. Add the fennel and cook, stirring for 5 minutes until just tender. Add the garlic and rice, cook for 1 minute then add the wine. Let it bubble for around 30 seconds then add a ladleful of stock.
- Cook in the pan on a medium heat, allowing the stock to be absorbed into the rice before adding more, stirring occasionally. Continue adding the stock a ladleful at a time.
- Add the asparagus with the last ladleful of stock stirring it into the rice so that it cooks.
- When all the stock has been absorbed check that the rice is cooked through. Lower heat and cover pan.
- Finely grate the zest from one of the oranges and stir into the risotto.
- Cut the skin from both oranges and then segment them cutting away all the pith and collecting any juice.
- Add the segments and juice to the risotto and leave on a low heat for a few minutes to warm through, season with salt and pepper before serving.