|60g Benecol® With Butter Spread|
|450g skinless chicken breast cut in chunks|
|110g shallots, peeled and halved if large|
|2 cloves garlic, sliced|
|300g baby or chantenay carrots|
|150 ml white wine|
|450ml chicken stock|
|2 tbsp chopped tarragon|
|450g potatoes, peeled and chopped|
|200g spring cabbage, shredded|
Chicken casserole with colcannon
Chicken Casserole with a twist, try this new unique recipe.
One serving contains 1g of your daily requirement of 1.5-3g of plant stanols.
- Melt half the Benecol® With Butter Spread in a large lidded casserole. Add the chicken pieces and cook over a high heat turning them regularly until browned all over. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the shallots and cook for 3-4 minutes until brown. Add the garlic and carrots and cook for a further minute before adding the wine and letting it bubble up. Stir in the stock, pearl barley and half the tarragon with the chicken. Bring to the boil, cover and cook in the oven for an hour.
- Meanwhile bring a pan of water to the boil, add the potatoes and cook for 10-12 minutes. Add the cabbage and cook for 3 more minutes, before draining. Add the remaining Benecol® With Butter Spread and mash and season with black pepper.
- Serve the casserole with the colcannon mash and extra green vegetables if liked.
- If you prefer, cook the casserole on the hob for about 45 minutes or until the pearl barley is tender. You will need to stir it occasionally.
- The casserole can be frozen. Cool completely and freeze in a labelled freezer proof container for up to a month. Refer to manufacturers guidelines.