8 Chicken thighs, skinned, on the bone
30ml (2 tbsp) Chopped fresh thyme
15ml (1tbsp) Chopped fresh rosemary
30ml (2 tbsp) Olive oil
1 Lemon, zest and juice
8 Sage leaves
50g (2oz) Benecol® Buttery Taste Spread
2 Large glasses dry white wine
Pot Roasted Lemon Chicken
A great new way to infuse an a classic pot roast with rich citrus flavours
1. Preheat the oven 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
2. Score the flesh of the chicken with a sharp knife 2-3 times and season. Rub the chopped herbs over the chicken pieces and into the cuts.
3. Heat the oil in a casserole dish on the hob. Place the chicken in the dish, and cook for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. About half way through cooking add the lemon zest, sage leaves and 25g Benecol® Buttery Taste Spread
4. Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute. Add the white wine and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Bring to the boil.
5. Scrape any sticky residues from the bottom of the casserole dish.
6. Finish cooking the chicken in a hot oven for about 15 minutes or until cooked.
7. Remove from the oven, add the remaining 25g Benecol® Buttery Taste Spread and stir into the sauce. Cover and leave to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.