|2 sweet potatoes|
|2 baby carrots|
|1 fresh garlic clove|
|2 tbsp Benecol® Olive Spread|
|few sprigs of thyme, bay leaf and fennel|
|3 small red mullet fillets|
|dash of anise liqueur|
|2 finely chopped sprigs flat parsley|
|pinch ground cayenne pepper|
Red mullet with fennel and sweet potato en papillote
An easy infusion dish.
One serving contains 0.8g of your daily 1.5-3g of plant stanols.
- Boil the sweet potatoes in lightly salted water until cooked but firm (approx. 10 minutes). Drain and leave to cool.
- Thinly slice the carrots, shallots, fennel, and the garlic. Place in a saucepan with the Benecol® Olive Spread and fry gently for 2-3 minutes taking care not to brown.
- Add the thyme and bay leaves plus 1 cup of water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are cooked but remain crisp.
- Preheat oven to 200°C /190°C Fan/Gas Mark 5.
- Slice the sweet potatoes thinly and place a layer of the slices on a sheet of non-stick baking paper. Add 2 tablespoons of the vegetable mixture and then the red mullet fillets, cut into pieces. Sprinkle with a dash of anise liqueur, the chopped parsley and ground pepper.
- Fold the paper into a parcel ensuring that the edges are tucked in well. Place in an ovenproof dish and put in oven to bake for 7 minutes. Serve with the rest of the vegetable mixture … and savour!