Benecol August Newsletter Competition
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
1. Promoter: Benecol Limited.
2. Eligibility: This promotion is only open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) who are aged 18 years and over excluding employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
3. Promotional Period: The competition will begin on 16th August 2016 and will close at 23:59 on 31st August 2016
4. Internet access is required.
5. The Prize: One of 10 sets of Benecol product vouchers worth up to £20 to be won during the competition period (5 vouchers per set).
6. Entry Instructions: To enter, email, firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, home address and telephone number along with your thoughts on the new Benecol website. Strictly one entry per person per day. Strictly one entry per household per day. Maximum one prize per person. For the avoidance of doubt, if more than one entry is received from the same email address or from a different email address by the same person in any day, all such entries and any associated entries from their household will be disqualified.
7. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, or via third parties or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script', ‘brute force', masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that participant's entries into the draw in a way that is not consistent with the terms of the promotion, that person's entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
8. Winner Selection & Notification: 10 winners will be drawn at random by an independent person or by a verifiable computer system producing random results and notified by email within 28 days of the competition closing date. The prize will be sent directly to winners, no claim period is required unless the promoter decides to verify.
9. General: The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
10. Any prizes returned to sender or undelivered due to inaccurate details will be considered unwanted and the prize will be lost.
11. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable (including being sold on to a third party) unless otherwise stated and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other form of compensation. In the event for any reason the prize winner does not take any element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize, unless otherwise agreed. If due to unforeseen circumstances the prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize for it, in its sole discretion, of equal or higher value.
12. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned due to events outside of the Promoter's reasonable control, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries (this includes, without limitation, by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion).
13. If a winning entry is deemed by the Promoter not to comply with these conditions of entry, the entry will be discarded and a new winner of the prize will be selected at random by the Promoter.
14. In all aspects of this promotion, the Promoter's decision is final.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to publish the names and counties of residence of the winners. As a condition of accepting the prize, winners may be required, at the Promoter's request, to participate in any reasonable promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prizes, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their names and images in promotional material, including that with third parties. The winners' names and counties will be available on Benecol.co.uk within 3 months of the closing date.
16. Data Protection: The personal information entrants provide will only be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this promotion and the publication of winners. The Promoter may disclose entrants' personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this promotion or communicating with entrants. The Promoter is bound by the Data Protection Act 1998.
17. If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this draw by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future promotions, so please play fairly.
18. If any provision or part of these terms is deemed void or otherwise unenforceable in law then that provision or part shall be deemed excluded and the remainder of these Terms shall remain in force.
19. The Promoter cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. Participants in this promotion agree that the Promoter will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this promotion. Nothing in this clause shall limit the Promoter's liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud.
20. The rules of this promotion are subject to the legal and regulatory restrictions imposed under English law and the parties to any dispute or action shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.