|25g Benecol® Buttery Taste Spread|
|25g plain Flour|
|300ml soya or semi-skimmed milk|
|1 tbsp sugar|
Simply sauces: White sauce
Learn new ways to add flavour to your dishes with this new recipe.
One serving contains 0.4g of your daily requirement of 1.5-3g of plant stanols.
- Put Benecol® Buttery Taste Spread in a pan with plain flour.
- Cook for 2 minutes until the well combined mixture is sizzling.
- Remove from the heat and gradually whisk in the soya or semi-skimmed milk a little at a time.
- Return to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring continuously until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in your choice of flavouring – (grated cheese, chopped herbs, chopped spinach, pinch nutmeg or sugar)
- For a Béchamel sauce infuse the milk (gently bring to just below the boil then let it infuse for 15 minutes) with a couple of parsley stalks, a bay leaf and some pepper corns before using in the sauce.