|110g (4oz) Benecol® Buttery Spread|
|225g (8oz) self-raising flour|
|½ tsp baking powder|
|100g (3½oz) caster sugar|
|1 egg, beaten|
|50ml (2floz) skimmed milk|
|75g (2¾oz) ready to eat dried apricots, diced|
|½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg|
Apricot and nutmeg muffins
A tea-time treat.
One serving contains 0.8g of your daily requirement of 1.5-3g of plant stanols.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190ºC/fan oven 170ºC. Lay out 9 muffin paper cases on a tray or lightly grease a muffin pan with Benecol® Buttery Spread.
- Melt the Benecol® Buttery Spread in a small pan and set aside to cool slightly. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and stir in the sugar.
- Add the melted Benecol® Buttery Spread, egg, milk, apricots and nutmeg and quickly mix together. Do not beat.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases or pan and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Try this recipe with dried cranberries in place of the apricots.