|110g (4oz) self-rising flour|
|25g (1oz) Benecol® Buttery Spread, chilled|
|1 tbsp caster sugar|
|150ml (5floz) skimmed milk|
|25g Benecol® Buttery Spread|
|Strawberry jam to serve (optional)|
These pancakes are delicious anytime.
Each portion contains 1 of your 2-3 daily servings of plant stanols.
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the Benecol® Buttery Spread and rub it into the flour using your fingertips. Once the flour resembles breadcrumbs, stir in the sugar. Make a well in the middle of the flour and add the egg. Slowly stir the egg into the flour until it is too thick to mix.
- Add a little milk and mix to a smooth batter, gradually adding more milk.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick frying pan until hot. Add tablespoonful's of the batter (you will need to do this in batches). Cook the pancakes for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles rise to the surface and then flip to cook the other side. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Spread with a little Benecol® Buttery Spread to serve.
1. Eat these pancakes fresh if possible, but if you have any left over, wrap in foil and reheat in a warm oven for about 10 minutes.