|1-2 slices of wholemeal bread|
|30g of Benecol Buttery Spread|
|Spray olive oil|
|1 chopped salad tomato|
|2 chopped mushrooms|
|1/2 medium avocado|
|A pinch of pepper|
Avocado Toast With Scrambled Eggs
This cooked breakfast is ideal for a Saturday or Sunday morning when you've got more time on your hands. It's brimming with healthy fats, fibre as well as plant stanols. It also contains 4 different vegetables for a boost of vitamins and minerals too.
- Pop your bread in the toaster and crack your eggs into a pan
- Whisk your eggs over a medium heat, adding 5g of Benecol Buttery Spread to the pan as the eggs start the thicken
- Just before your eggs are completely firm, remove them from the heat (as the residual heat will carry on cooking them!)
- Whilst your eggs are cooking, heat some olive oil in a pan and once hot throw in your tomatoes and mushrooms; season with a good grind of pepper. Add your spinach towards the end of cooking to wilt
- When your toast is done spread 25g of Benecol® Buttery Spread and scoop out your avocado flesh before 'smashing' it onto the toast using a fork
- To serve, pop your avo toast on a plate, with your buttery scrambled eggs on top and serve the vegetables on the side. Season with extra pepper.
*Benecol® Buttery Taste Spread is suitable for baking, cooking and spreading.
Thank you to Nichola Ludlam-Raine for collaborating with Benecol® in producing this recipe.
This was a paid collaboration but all her opinions are her own.