A way to make something for a happy house.
One serving contains 0.8g of your daily requirement of 1.5-3g of plant stanols
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/170°C Fan/Gas Mark 4 and line baking trays with greaseproof paper (non-stick).
- Cream Benecol® Spread and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Stir in flour, rice and vanilla extract using a wooden spoon until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Gather the dough together and kneed gently to form a ball and then chill for 30 minutes wrapped in cling film.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1cm (½ inch) thick. Sprinkle with a little sugar and roll gently into the surface. Using a 7.5cm (3 inch) biscuit cutter stamp out the biscuits.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until pale golden brown. Transfer to a cooling tray. You can store it in an airtight tin.