60g Benecol® Buttery Taste Spread
3 tbsp honey
200g rolled oats
40g chopped almonds
2 tbsp sesame seeds
15g sunflower seeds
40g dried cranberries
A delightful combination of oats, nuts and dried fruits
One serving contains 1g of your daily requirement of 1.5-3g of plant stanols
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 2/150ºC/ fan oven 130ºC. Line a tray with non-stick baking parchment.
2. Place the Benecol® Buttery Taste Spread and honey in a large saucepan and melt over a low heat. Add the oats, nuts and seeds and mix well. Spread loosely onto the tray and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir to break up any big lumps. Mix in the raisins and cranberries and bake for 10 more minutes until just golden.
3. Remove from the oven and leave to cool and crisp up. Store in an airtight container for up to a month.
1. Try adding a tsp of finely grated orange zest into the melted Benecol® Spread for a lovely orange tang.
2. Most dried fruits work well in granola – try sultanas, blueberries or cherries.