200g basmati rice
300g smoked haddock
1 bay leaf
50g Benecol® Olive Spread
1 onion, chopped
60g ready to eat dried apricots
1 tbsp garam masala
2 tbsp chopped parsley
2 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and quartered
15g toasted flaked almonds
Known as the breakfast of kings, but also makes a great light meal
One serving contains 0.8g of your daily recommended amount of 1.5-3g of plant stanols
1. Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the rice and cook according to the packet instructions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, place the fish and bay leaf in a shallow pan, cover with water, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes until it flakes easily. Set aside until cool enough to handle, then remove the skin and flake the fish.
3. Melt the Benecol® Olive Spread in a large frying pan, when sizzling, add the onion and cook, stirring for 5 minutes until softened. Add the apricots and garam masala and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Add the rice, fish and spinach and heat through until piping hot. Stir in the parsley and serve garnished with the eggs and almonds.
1. Smoked cod works equally as well.
2. The bay leaf helps to relieve the smell of cooking fish.