120 g whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp salt
250 g milk
100 g pumpkin purée*
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
5 / 60 min
Spooky season can be delicious too! Use any leftover pumpkins to make our scarily good pumpkin pancakes and serve with Benecol Greek Style Yoghurt. Taste them if you dare!
- *First make the pumpkin purée or use the canned one. Cut a small pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds and fibrous stringsusing an ice-cream scoop or large spoon. Chop the flesh of the pumpkin into even chunks and put them in a pot with a little boiling water. Steam for 10-15 minutes or until the flesh is soft before blending until smooth using a blender, food processor or mixer.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir together milk, pumpkin purée, egg, maple syrup and rapeseed oil.
- Fold mixture into dry ingredients.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides about 2 minutes per side; serve with Greek Style Big Pot Yogurt and maple syrup.
Remember: The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 1.5g-3.0g of plant stanols per person. Each 112.5g serving of Greek Style plain yogurt provides 0.8g plant stanols.