|125g (4½oz) digestive biscuits|
|40g (1½oz) Benecol With Butter|
|8 sheets leaf gelatine (16g in weight)|
|200g tub soft cheese|
|200g (7oz) Quark|
|2 x 125g Benecol Tropical Yogurts, any flavour|
|30g (1¼oz) soft light brown sugar|
|2 smal ripe mangoes, peeled and roughly chopped|
This is a great prepare ahead dinner party dessert.
One serving contains 0.8g of your daily requirement of 1.5-3g of plant stanols.
- Crush the biscuits with the end of a rolling pin or in a food processor. Melt the Benecol With Butter in a large pan, remove from the heat and stir in the biscuits. Spoon into the base of a 20cm (8in) spring form tin and press until firm. Chill until required.
- Cut the gelatine in to strips and soak in a large heat proof bowl with 4tsp water cold water for 5 minutes until soft.
- In a large bowl beat together the soft cheese and Quark until smooth. Gradually stir in the Benecol yogurts, followed by the sugar.
- Blend the mango in a liquidiser or food processor until smooth. Finely grate the zest from one of the oranges and stir into the mixture with the mango.
- Place the gelatine over a pan of gently simmering water for a minute or so until dissolved. Remove from the heat and cool slightly before stirring the yogurt into the gelatine – it is important to mixture the yogurt mix into the gelatine not the other way round.
- Spoon the mixture over the biscuit base and chill for 3-4 hours until set. Peel and segment the oranges to decorate the top.