6 large eggs
120g Benecol Greek Style yogurt
1 tsp dijon mustard
Few sprigs fresh parsley, finely chopped
Few sprigs fresh dill, finely chopped
2-3 large tomatoes, sliced
3 large flour tortillas
1 handful fresh spinach leaves
Egg Salad Wraps
An easy switch to your lunch time can be swapping mayonnaise to Greek Style yogurt! Greek Style yogurt is high in protein and low in fat, so it’s an easy switch to make. This recipe uses plenty of fresh herbs - parsley and dill - to add a great flavour.
- Boil the eggs for around 9-10 minutes, to give a firm yolk.
- Rinse them in cold water, allow to cool completely, then peel.
- Add the peeled hard boiled eggs to a mixing bowl, and add the Benecol Greek Style yogurt, dijon mustard, chopped herbs, and a pinch of black pepper.
- Mix thoroughly, mashing the eggs to your desired consistency.
- Add a few slices of tomato to a large tortilla, as well as a few fresh spinach leaves. Top with 1/3 of the egg salad, and roll tightly.
- Repeat to give three egg salad wraps.
Remember: The cholesterol lowering beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 1.5g – 3.0g plant stanols per person. Per serving of 112.5g Greek Style plain yogurt provides 0.8g plant stanols.
Thank you to Becca for collaborating with Benecol® in producing this recipe.
This was a paid collaboration but all her opinions are her own.