Like to prep your meals? Here's how to add a little flavour to your meal plan.
One serving contains 1.8g of your daily requirement of 1.5-3g of plant stanols.
- To make the pesto, place the basil in a small food processor or liquidiser and blend until roughly chopped. Add the pine nuts, cheese and garlic and blend again. Add the Benecol® Olive Spread and blend to a rough paste. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6/200ºC/fan oven 180ºC. Melt 15g Benecol® Olive Spread in a frying pan and heat until hot. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 10 minutes, turning frequently to brown both sides. Place on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for about 10 minutes until completely cooked through.
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions and drain well. Stir in the pesto, cover the pan and leave to melt for a minute or two.
- Serve the chicken and pasta with the vegetables.
- The pesto will keep covered in the fridge for a week.