|15g Benecol® Olive Spread|
|1 large red onion, cut in wedges|
|8 lean sausages|
|200g mushrooms, quartered|
|1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced|
|50g Puy lentils|
|150ml red wine|
|300ml hot chicken or vegetable stock|
|200g fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped|
|1 bay leaf|
|1 sprig rosemary|
|For the dumplings:|
|110g self- flour|
|45g Benecol® Olive Spread|
|1 tbsp wholegrain or 2 tsp Dijon mustard, plus extra to serve|
|Steamed curly kale to serve|
Sausage and lentil casserole with mustard dumplings
A succulent array of ingredients comes together in this healthy dish.
One serving contains 1g of your daily requirement of 1.5-3g of plant stanols.
- Melt the Benecol® Olive Spread in a large lidded pan, add the onion and stir fry for 5 minutes until beginning to soften. Add the mushrooms and cook over a medium heat for 5-7 minutes until they have released their juices.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium and grill the sausages for 5-10 minutes turning regularly until cooked through. When cool enough to handle chop into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Add the wine to the mushrooms, letting it bubble up, then stir in the lentils, stock, bay leaf, pepper, tomatoes and rosemary with the sausage pieces. Cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- To make the dumplings, sift the flour into a mixing bowl and using fingertips rub the Benecol® Olive Spread into the flour until it begins to form lumps. Stir in the mustard with 2-3tbsp of water and bring the mixture together to form a soft dough. Shape into 8 balls with your hands.
- Drop the dumplings on top of the casserole, cover and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with steamed curly kale.